But we’ll be back in September….
As the Sarasota Garden Club is still undergoing renovations, there will be no meeting this Tuesday, August 23.
We will resume with our regularly scheduled meetings next month, September 27th, with more details to follow soon.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended last month’s Mangofest meeting at the Waldemere Fire Station.
We had a fantastic turnout and heard lots of great questions and helpful answers from our wonderful club members.
We tasted over a dozen varieties of fresh, juicy mangoes.
While some had their clear favorites, the only consensus we all agreed upon was that mangoes are delicious!
Extra thanks go to:
- Kip Weinhold who donated a beautiful jakfruit which was auctioned off, and Larry Atkins for getting it to us.
- Nick and Coralee who brought a monster of a Valencia Pride mango to auction
- All those who brought fresh mangoes or other treats from their trees pre-cut for the tasting
- Larry Atkins who brought a variety of fresh mangoes from his trees to sell
- And of course to all those who came early to help set up and those who stayed after and helped clean up, including Heidi and Terry who helped with both!
If you missed out on our recent meetings, you can download:
Celeste Welch’s PDF slideshow and handout from June on Growing Bananas HERE.
Ph.D. Mercy Olmstead’s PDF Presentation and 2016 Pest Management Guide for Peaches + a link to her blog HERE
And Dr. Paul Lyrene’s PDF presentation on Blueberries for Sarasota HERE.
Just scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the links.
We look forward to seeing you in September! More details about our September Speaker and Topic will be announced soon.